Latest News

All news »

Why in Lviv


Lviv is a unique city, in which the history, culture, mentality of two worlds – the East and the West – are tolerantly merged



The Ukrainian Catholic University is a fully accredited institution by the Ministry of Education of Ukraine. We gives ECTS credits for its courses, you can easily transfer credits to North American, European and Australian universities using the ECTS system. We do, however, recommend that you check with your home institution before applying to our Summer Program to be sure that the credits are transferable.

* 1 ECTS (European credit) = 0.5 American credit

Academic Credit Information

All of our programs are for-credit programs that are consistent with United States standards of university-level academic work.

A semester or summer abroad is a large investment of time and money for most of you. We want to make sure that you take the right steps to earn academic credit at your home institution for your study abroad experience.

All of our instructional work is conducted by qualified faculty at fully-accredited foreign universities. Upon successful completion of your program, you will receive an official transcript.

What Should You Do?

It is important that you understand Transfer Credit Process to ensure that you can take the right steps to earn transfer credit.

If you have any questions, please Request Assistance from one of our qualified student advisors.

Transfer Credit / How It Works

Your home institution (university) makes the final decision regarding how many credits will transfer from your study abroad program and how they will be treated (e.g. major credit, elective credit, etc).

The following three-part process will help guide you through the process of securing your transfer credit approval.

Our advisors have helped students at hundreds of home institutions with the credit transfer process. Please work with them early in the process or Request Assistance at any time.

1. Before the Program (Pre-approval)

As early as possible, speak with us to learn about potential course options on the program that you are interested in. We can provide the syllabi and course descriptions that you might need to receive course pre-approval.

Make an appointment with your school and academic advisor to review your course options. Make your appointment early as advisor schedules are often very busy as deadlines approach.

Receive a signed pre-approval form from your home university.

2. During the Program

Your home institution will require a minimum standard of academic performance in order to grant transfer credit (typically, a “C” equivalent or above), so it is important that you attend class and perform according to the host university’s standards and expectations.

Your grade is solely determined by your professors and the host university.

At some home institutions, while credit does transfer, grades from study abroad do not transfer and study abroad courses are not counted toward GPA calculations. You should ask about the transfer credit policies and procedures of your home institution.

3. After the Program

Ensure that we have the name and address of the appropriate person at your home institution who will receive your official transcripts.

Take all course material back with you, including syllabi, work completed, essays and examinations, in case it is ever needed.

Host Institution Transcripts

We maintain regular contact with the Registrar’s Office of our University to ensure timely transmittal of official transcripts upon completion of the program.

It is your responsibility to make sure you let us know who at your home institution should receive your official transcript and what their mailing address is. Depending on your home institution, it could be the Registrar, Study Abroad Director, Admissions or some other department.

In addition to the official transcript sent to your home institution, you will also receive one unofficial transcript at your permanent address.

Additional Transcripts

Alumni can order additional official or unofficial transcripts from Ukrainian Catholic University by completing a transcript request form. We will facilitate the process of requesting new transcripts from your host institution.

There is a $15 processing fee associated with official transcripts.

Please be aware that it can take several weeks to process an additional transcript request, so plan ahead and order your transcripts in advance if you think you will need additional copies for graduate school or employers.

Unofficial transcripts can be ordered directly from Ukrainian Catholic University and can be delivered to you electronically (in PDF form). There is a $5 processing fee associated with unofficial transcripts and most requests can be accomodated within 1 week.

Academic Advisor

The credit transfer process can sometimes be confusing if you are doing it for the first time.

That is why we are here to help! We have helped hundreds of students successfully transfer credit to their home institution. If you have any questions at all, let one of our trained student advisors assist you with the process.